Monday, January 10, 2011

The Infinite Atonement

"The Atonement is the central act of human history,
the pivotal point in all time, the doctrine of doctrines."

So begins the introduction to the book entitled
The Infinite Atonement
by Brother Tad R. Callister.
As a mission we have been studying the Atonement
and have begun a new Book of Mormon challenge, that of
reading to find all references about the Atonement.
Hardly a page goes by when one of the prophets
doesn't teach concerning this essential doctrine.
I have felt such a need to understand and use the Atonement
more fully in my life.
Brother Callister's book is wonderful in helping one to see
the "infinite nature of the Atonement."
He goes into detail concerning it's power, time, coverage, depth, suffering and love.
He also teaches of the blessings it brings to each of us, which include:
resurrection, repentance, peace of mind, succor, motivation,
exaltation, freedom and of course grace.
I have always felt a closeness to the Savior,
but now as I come to understand better what He accomplished
I indeed... "stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me."

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

That was beautiful!